Sorry for it being blurry but i saw this and could not resist buying it, i really wanted Tenants sonic screwdriver though.
405,582 notes | Reblogged: (via
618 notes | Reblogged: (via
That time when Raven actually said what most of us want to say to a teacher who picks you for the answer when you clearly don’t know it, for usually no other reason than to embarrass you and make you look stupid. One of the main things I hate and always will hate about school.
If a teacher does it correctly, it can be used as a teaching moment. to show and explain the problem better if sally has her hand up its clear she knows what is going on and has a grasp of the subject. If john doesn’t have his hand up but has a nervous look he might know but he also may need to be called on to see where he is. So teachers are not always out to embarrass you. They are trying to teach 30 kids at once and everyone learns differently and at different rates. Therefore the best way to gage what you need to go over is not (in my scenario above) sally, but rather john. Because sally knows the answer the teacher won’t learn anything about the class. Now im also not trying to say thats 100% true all the time; but a good teacher wouldn’t embarrass a student who was trying to learn rather they would embarrass the lazy students. Lets say a teacher sees that sally john and a few other students get it, but maxwell is asleep in class, or they are texting or whatever, but it isn’t class and it isn’t because he already knows it. Calling on him in the hopes that he might be embarrassed into paying more attention is a possible avenue. But don’t hate on teachers, imagine dealing with 100s of teenagers as a career especially when most don’t show any respect at all, or argue back. Teaching is a hard career and good teachers are amazing people.
481,920 notes | Reblogged: (via
25 things i wish i realized while i was still in highschool
- That zit on your cheek literally does not matter
- Skipping class one time will not ruin your entire life
- The boy you’re trying so hard to impress will mean nothing to you in a year
- Bring coffee to school and ignore people who make fun of it
- Bring a snack, too. Don’t care if people hear you eating in class.
- Being popular isn’t and will never be something that seriously defines who you are
- Appreciate your teachers
- Doing/not doing drugs doesn’t make you cooler than anyone else.
- Neither does drinking
- Talk to the kid sitting alone; even though it may not change your life it could drastically change theirs
- Participate in school events
- Wear sweatpants everyday
- Or wear a dress everyday
- Wear whatever makes you comfortable
- Nobody will laugh at you if you sit alone at your lunch table for five minutes
- Utilize the library
- Don’t wait 20 minutes to text someone back just to seem cool
- Tell your friends how much you love them
- Cherish your free textbooks… seriously
- Help confused freshmen, be nice to them. Remember how much you would have appreciated it a couple years ago
- Compliment the other girls in the bathroom
- That fight you had with your mom really isn’t that big of a deal
- It’s okay to cry
- Don’t let your desire for a romantic relationship stop you from forming platonic relationships
- Remember that life does go on
I lived like this in high school, aside from searching for dudes and complimenting girls in the bathroom and wearing dresses. cause i’m a guy. Although if i’d found a dress i wouldnhave liked i would have worn it:) haha lol
190,869 notes | Reblogged: (via